Many of our customers from Tampa, Melbourne, Fort Myers, Orlando, Miami, Jacksonville and many others from around the world have ask us the same question about their English Bulldog or about their Pug.
How to start the process of a create Training and housebreaking of your new puppy, your new family member, especially when they are an English Bulldog or a Pug. Believe it or not, there are certain trick that we have learn over the years and that we are are pleased to share in this new blog:
So, let’s talk about housebreaking and crate training.
What is needed to achieve the objective? Two basic elements:
1. Patience, and:
2. Authoritative manner
Mixing these ingredients, you can teach your dog, puppy, pet, especial one, family member, English Bulldog or Pug exactly where he or she should eliminate and where he should not.
The recipe: 5 key actions
1) the key to success is simple: timing is everything.
2) take your puppy outside immediately after eating, playing or napping. Keeping this rigid
schedule will prevent him from making mistakes in the house.
3) also using command are very helpful like “ potty time” or “go to the bathroom” at the moment
your pup is correctly doing his business outside.
4) puppy’s behavior will let you know that he needs to go outside. if he whines, paces, or
runs in a circle, grab the leash and get out the door.
5) mistakes happen! if you catch your puppy eliminating in the house and he will - correct him
with a firm, gentle ‘NO’ take him for a walk and praise him lavishly when he does his business outside.
Please give us your feed back and let us know how it went.
One of the most important things when buying an English Bulldog is to take it to the veterinarian for a general check, including a fecal examination to verify that he does not have parasites, body examination, dentures, bites, skin problems, etc…
This should be done maximum 72 hours after you have purchased your puppy, why?
Because the puppies can get diseases in another place very easily but will not be until several days that this manifests. English Bulldogs are extremely beautiful and lovely but they require dedication!
Annual physical exams are very important part of providing excellent health care for your beloved companion or english bulldog. they are can not tell us if they are feeling a little off. Remember, it may be one year in your life but that can be about 5-10 comparative years in your pet's life. A lot can change in that much time.
So you selected your puppy and it’s on its way! Here are some tips to make sure you are ready once your puppy arrives to give it the best possible home and treatment to your new family member.
English bulldog puppies require basic puppy care, however, because of some of their unique attributes, they also require a bit of special care. Bringing a new puppy into the house is an exciting time for you and your family, but your puppy may be a little confused by all the changes in his life.
Just make sure to understand your puppy's special needs and it will be a loyal companion for years to come. Here are some tips on how to bring a new puppy into your household, and make him feel welcome and comfortable.
Caring for your new puppy
Watch your dog's weight.
Monitor your bulldog’s body condition score (BCS) to determine if it is overweight (or underweight) on a monthly basis.
Provide clean fresh water at all times.
Watch for teething when the puppy arrives home.
Monitor your puppy's health.
Get your puppy preventative treatment for local pests.
Take your puppy for regular veterinary checkups.
Desex your puppy at an appropriate age.
Yes, we service to Fort Lauderdele area.
Here are (5) tips before getting your english bulldog:
1) It is very important to know who you are going to buy since you are continuing with the chosen breeder line.
2) When purchasing a puppy ensure that its quality is very good, so you will ensure a healthy puppy. A healthy check for your new english bulldog puppy is well recomended.
3) We are facing the internet, we must be careful with the scammers so if you buy online make sure the breeder is real and not a scammer. Read more on how to protect from them and what to do if you ever face this terrrible experience.
For example a good option is to have a FaceTime or video call to see the puppy in real time. Pictures with your name or videos with your name are not always trustfull. More over, to be 100% sure of who you are dealing ask for a video call.
4) Puppy genetics are very important and that costs money. If you buy a puppy from a breeder you know exactly what english bulldog are you buying and what genetics are you expecting.
But at the end of the day you will be rid of possible health problems of a puppy that does not have good genetics and is more expensive having to make an operation for more than 3000 usd.
5) and most important of all, be very sure of wanting a puppy since it needs care and much love he will be part now of you family.
Hope you enjoyed my blog,